Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Waimea Canyon, Kauai

Last week we explored Kauai.  As we all know,  Kauai is known as the 'Garden Isle,' and if you've ever wondered why, just visit...and when you do, you'll say 'no duh!!!' The place is gorgeous.  I've never seen so many shades of green in one place.  I sounded like a broken recorded all day long as I exclaimed over and over, "oh my gosh this place is so beautiful."
One of the places we visited was Waimea Canyon.  This canyon located on the Western side of Kauai, is often referred to as the Grand Canyon of Hawaii.  It's 3000 ft deep and about 10 miles long and it looks like a painter had a hay day with colors ranging from reds to browns to grays.  You can't help but stand there in awe and the longer you do, the more you see.

1 comment: